Reciprocal expectations

            Once a boy started dating a girl. They liked each other. As time went by their relationship kept growing and they also came to know one another in a 'real' way. The girl expected the boy to treat her like a queen or atleast a princess. That was not an abnormal expectation as we all agree that every girl wants to be treated as someone special. She was so obsessed with herself that she forgot to ask the boy what he expected. Many girls her age have the problem. They want to be treated like queen, while all the way treating that poor guy like a slave. The boy became aware of her mentality as it came out in her subtle unconscious body language and tongue slips. The boy was self respecting person but at the same time did not want to break up with her. She did not know she had taken him for granted. But the boy was very much aware of  it. So one day she called her and asked her to meet him in a coffee shop nearby. They met and the boy after greeting her and enquire about her welfare leaned forward and asked her, " I think you expect to be treated like a queen. I fully agree and would love to do so."
              She said, "I am so happy you understood me so well. You have treated me like a queen with dignity and respect. I am very happy about that." The boy leaned back on seat and replied, "Dear, good! There is something I want you to know". She leaned forward and asked, "What is it ?". He said, " I too deserve to be treated like a king, not a slave. I treating you like a queen does not mean I am your slave. I means , since you have not understood it, that I would like to be treated like a King. If you are queen, I am King. It is reciprocal. I thought you would have understood. But you were caught with you being a queen that you forgot that I am the King. Never forget that". The girl gave a blank stare and repied, " I am sorry dear, I never thought about it. I am very sorry! You are right! You are right! I am sorry, I've made you say this. You are right! Let us work it out that way"


Comments

Popular Posts