Travel Diary - Day 5 - Umaid Bavan Palace

After a good night's sleep, I woke up and decided to enjoy some time in the palace hotel where I was staying. So I went and had my complimentary breakfast and then watched a movie in my room. I called my Auto rickshaw driver and requested him come pick up at 4:30pm to visit Umaid Bavan Palace.
In the afternoon, I went to the swimming pool and relaxed there for around 45 minutes. Then I called my driver and he was there in no time and within 20 minutes we were at the Umaid Bavan Palace.
It is the latest palace built my English architects and majority of the rooms have been converted into a luxury hotel. The small part of it has been converted into a museum, where the collections of the present Maharaja of Jodhpur and his predecessors are being preserved.  There was also a collection of cars, which included a few cadillac's from the early half of 1900s.
I returned after taking a few photographs and selfies. It was a day of rest.
Earlier that day, I had spoken with my driver and he had agreed to come early the next morning to drop me off at the Jodhpur railway station to catch the train to Jaisalmer at 5:30 am.



Comments

Popular Posts