Travel Diary - Day 3- Amber Fort

As planned yesterday, I called Ashraf Khan, my driver early, and then checked out of the hotel around 8:30 am. He was there in 10 minutes time and we set out to Amber Fort.  I had to catch the train to Jodhpur and so we went early and fast.  Once at Amber Fort, he adviced me to finish my sight seeing in 90 minutes time. He also warned me about pestering tour guides. One of them almost convinced me or rather compelled me, but I kept denying him so much that he gave way for me to proceed. Even though there was elephant ride and jeep ride available, I opted to take a walk, visit only the important places and return. As I climbed  up the fort, I saw rows of elephants, continually climbing up an down. It seem to be a favourite among foreign tourists.  The amber palace is a very beautifully build one with a mix of Mughal and Rajput architecture.  There is a place where the king met the ordinary people, the place where he met the special people. The Diwan-i-Khaas, where the special audience to nobles and foreign delegates was conducted had beautiful craftsmanship made with glass and other unique material and techniques. It is aptly called the glass palace.
I took some selfies and some snaps with my DSLR camera. There were many Spanish and Chinese tourists when  I visited today. So I finished off my visit and Ashraf Khan drove me to the railway station where after an hours wait I boarded the Mardhar Express, which brought me to Jodhpur. Then I checked in to the RANBANKA Palace Heritage Hotel and after washing up and prayer proceeded to have dinner, upon completion of which, I am typing this account of a day of tour and travel.





Comments

Popular Posts