Travel Diary - Day 2 - Jaipur

I woke up today morning at 4 :55 am and then reached the New Delhi railway station at around 5: 20 am. The Ajmer Shathapthi Express was on time, but I had booked two tickets in the same train, one from New Delhi to Gurgaon and another from Gurgaon to Jaipur. From New Delhi  to Gurgaon I sat next to an European lady and from Gurgaon to Jaipur I sat next to a middle aged business man who was travelling with his family. The journey was uneventful and I safely reached Jaipur. There I was met by Aslam,  who was a driver. Initially we did not know where the hotel I book exactly was and so I called up the customer care and after 3 unsuccessful calls we finally resolved the issue and reached Chetram Hotel, which was the Oyo rooms budget hotel I booked for 600 rupees with a 60% discount deal.
Aslam informed me that he takes people on tour of Jaipur city and also informed me about the rates. I booked him for the afternoon and he sent his brother, who came to pick me up around 1:30pm.
The tour of Jaipur started in an air conditioned car, which Aslam's brother, Sharif Khan drove smoothly. He took me first to Albert Hall museum, curated by the British and the Maharaja of Jaipur. There was a good collection of art from Persian, Egyptian, medieval Indian and the Far East. I especially liked the paintings from the citadel of Susa,  mentioned in the Bible in the book of Esther. There were also two mummies from Egypt.  A collection of weapons,  textiles and pottery was also occupied the central area of the museum.
Next we drove to Hawa Mahal, where I took a good number of snaps. It was a good specimen of Rajput architecture.
Next we drove through the pink city, the historic Jaipur and reached Jantar Mantar, where gigantic instruments used to make astronomical and celestial measurements were preserved. I raced through the collection of instruments and then we moved on.
Next we reached Jaipur Haat, where I did some shopping. I took around an hour in that handicraft outlet. After that we drove to Jal Mahal, which was a palace, which stood in the middle of the lake. I took a good number of snaps there, watched the pigeons and sparrows in that area and then returned to my hotel after the half day tour.
Tomorrow we have planned to go to Amer fort, before I leave for Jodhpur by tomorrow noon. 



It costed 850 rs.

Comments

Popular Posts