Travel Diary: Day 1 - Delhi

I started my journey at 11.30 pm 14th August. The bus started late because of the inexperience of a new bus conductor. After sleeping most of the way in a not so deep sleep and getting spit on the face twice in quick succession "accidentally" by the driver as I was sitting behind him and getting a  dumb answer with no apology, I reached Chennai bus stand. From there I reached Chennai airport at around 4 am.
Next I entered the departure area,  rested for some time and then got my boarding pass. Next was the security check. It was nothing extra or special for independence  day. We followed the same routine and I was in the waiting area near gate 3, where my I bought a book on Christian parenting by Ken Blanchland. Then I sat down and read the book, the intro and few random passages. Then I started dosing off as I was watching Sports on Sony Six. After the brief nap, gate opened and with the final security check, we went in. This was the only extra check for independence day, which happened before I stepped into the flight. I had a sleepy and uneventful journey and in three hours time, I reached New Delhi and was searching for the room I had booked online. After a little struggle I registered and got my room, freshened up and then had a chicken biriyani for lunch. Then I dressed up and caught an auto rickshaw to Red fort, which unfortunately was closed today. Then I took a stroll through Chandni Chowk and entered the metro there and got a ticket to Huda city center station. But I boarded the Qutub Minar rail and I reached Qutub metro, where I boarded the auto asked him to take me to Qutub minarets.  But he took me to Dell haat,  a handicraft shop, where I had to deal with a persuasive salesman who almost convinced me to buy 4 pieces of materials. Then before check out, I edited my cart and took only a bedsheet.
Then I was dropped off at the Qutub minar entrance. I was wearing a rain coat, which I had sneaked into my bag when I started because it was drizzling in Pondicherry.  I spent sometime in Qutub minar complex, analysing the architecture and then reached the Huda city center metra, Gurgaon  where I went to the food court there and enjoyed sometime having mughal food, pizza and icecream.

Comments

Popular Posts